Fire damages home on Brook Hill Road in Glocester

0
362

GLOCESTER – A fire that appeared to start in the basement of a Glocester home was extinguished in less than an hour with the help of mutual aid Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters were reportedly called to the two-story, single family house around 3 p.m. on Thursday, April 4. Companies including East Putnam Fire Department were on the scene, where smoke engulfed the structure, and poured from a hole firefighters cut in the roof.

According to reports, fire officials found objects blocking the entry of the home. Officials said there appeared to be no smoke detectors in the structure, and blamed the fire on clutter in the basement.

The residents of the house were outside at the time and no injuries were reported.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Oh hi there 👋
It’s nice to meet you.

Sign up to receive awesome content in your inbox, every week.

We don’t spam!

Leave a Reply