BURRILLVILLE – A town-based business has issued a recall for more than 50,000 pounds of ready-to-eat sausage products over concerns for listeria monocytogenes.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service discovered the problem during routine inspection of products sold by Daniele International LLC that were shipped to various retail locations nationwide from December 23, 2022, through January 17, 2023.
Listeria monocytogenes, a bacteria that can cause symptoms including fever, muscle aches, and headaches, was reportedly found on surfaces in which the product came into contact.
The recall applies to 52,914 pounds of ready-to-eat products including the following:
- 6-oz. plastic tray of “FREDERIK’S” by Meijer SPANISH STYLE charcuterie sampler tray with sell by date April 15, 2023.
- 6-oz. plastic tray of “Boar’s Head CHARCUTUERIE TRIO” with sell by dates April 13 through 15, 2023.
- 7-oz. plastic tray of “COLAMECO’S PRIMO NATURALE GENOA UNCURED SALAMI” with sell by date Dec. 23, 2023.
- 7-oz. plastic tray of “COLAMECO’S PRIMO NATURALE BLACK PEPPER UNCURED SALAMI” with use by dates Dec. 22 and 30, 2023 and Jan. 17, 2024.
- 1-lb. plastic tray of “DEL DUCA SOPRESSATA, COPPA & GENOA SALAMI” with sell by dates April 13 and 14, 2023.
- 1-lb. plastic tray of “DEL DUCA CALABRESE, PROSCIUTTO & COPPA” with sell by date May 6, 2023.
- 1-lb. plastic tray of “DEL DUCA GENOA SALAMI, UNCURED PEPPERONI & HARD SALAMI” with use by date May 4, 2023.
- 12-oz. plastic tray of “Gourmet Selection SOPRESSATA CAPOCOLLO, HARD SALAME” with sell by date April 14, 2023.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 54” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
According to the USDA, there have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of the products, but anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Those who believe they may have purchased the items should throw them away – or return the items to the place of purchase.
Consumption of food contaminated with L. monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, a serious infection that primarily affects older adults, persons with weakened immune systems, and pregnant women and their newborns. Less commonly, persons outside these risk groups are affected.
Consumers with questions regarding the recall can contact Dee Traynor, receptionist for Daniele International LLC, at (401) 568-6228 or email@example.com.