GLOCESTER – A lockdown of Ponaganset High School Wednesday morning reportedly followed discovery of a “lone projectile,” near the boys’ bathroom.
The building was evacuated on Wednesday, Jan. 11 in an incident school officials later said was caused by a, “faulty sensor,” in a letter to parents, according to reports.
Students were allowed back into the school, but then the projectile was discovered, leading to a lockdown around 10:30 a.m.
Police assured parents that there was no active threat or injuries on social media, noting they were investigating a security matter.
Just before noon, police noted that students would resume their normal activities, but provided no further information on the threat. Officers remained at the school on Anan Wade Road for the rest of the day.