Editor’s note: The below content is offered as part of our special Summer/Back In Business section. View the complete printable pdf here.
It’s been an especially tough year for music – not only for the artists and fans, but also for all of the great venues in northern Rhode Island that rely on live entertainment to bring in the crowds.
The good news is that most, if not all, local venues have relaunched an entertainment line-up for summer 2021, and events in July and August will feature everything from DJs and trivia contests, to great, local bands. Fairs and festivals have also resumed in northern Rhode Island, with towns hosting several summer concerts and gatherings.
In 2021, it seems you don’t have to drive far to find entertainment almost any night of the week.
Take Cady’s Tavern in Glocester, where the “Roadhouse Blues Jam,” has resumed every Sunday. The venue now hosts Wise Guys Team Trivia every Friday, while Saturdays are reserved for bands. Dubbed, “Rhode Island’s original roadhouse,” Cady’s boasts 15 beers on tap, plus a full pub menu featuring award-winning wings and chili.
“It has been difficult since this pandemic started, and I am very grateful that we have a great customer base and (that) we have done well with our food menu,” noted owner Robin Tyo.
Johnny’s Victory Diner in Burrillville now offers live music alongside a barbecue menu every Friday night from 6 to 9 p.m., weather-permitting, with entertainment scheduled through August on their outdoor patio.
And although organizer Rob Greyfox cancelled some of his concert series for The Island in North Smithfield, that venue has released a lineup of its own with dates for several free concerts throughout the summer.
Below find a complete list of live entertainment in northern Rhode Island through July and August. A separate schedule on pages 4 and 5 cover special events, such as festivals and summer concerts. Keep in mind, line-ups are subject to change and it’s always best to confirm with the venue.
Bravo Brewing Company
This Pascoag-based brewery features a game room, as well as giant Jenga and cornhole boards. The brewery hosts monthly paint and beer nights with Chepachet-based business Listen to Your Art, with dates to be announced. Food trucks also schedule visits to the brewery with dates published as they’re confirmed on the business’s Facebook page.
75 Pascoag Main St., Pascoag, (401) 710-4242
Friday nights, Wise Guys Trivia, 8 p.m. Live music every Saturday:
- July 10: The Mike Crandall Band
- July 17: Before the Storm
- July 24: Neal & the Vipers
- July 30: 2 p.m. Gene Harrison
- 8 p.m. Infinite Groove
- August 7: 2 p.m. Cross Rhode Blues
- 8 p.m. Chris Stovall Brown
- August 14: TBA
- August 21: Ed Peabody & the Big Blue Thang
- August 28: The Teledynes
2168 Putnam Pike, Chepachet, (401) 568-4102
Tuesday and Friday nights, karaoke with DJ Serge. Wednesday nights, Open Mic with Jesse J Desorcy and Chris Quiray. Thursdays, various live bands featuring Dylan Butler and friends.
- Sunday, Rocking Blues Jam with various artists, 2 p.m.
- Saturday, July 3: Back in the Day, 3 p.m.
- Saturday, July 17: Still Burning, 2-6 p.m.
- Tony Soul Project, 7-10 p.m.
- Saturday, July 31: Through the Doors with a Janis Joplin tribute
- Saturday, August 14: Rob Benton, 4-7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 28: James Montgomery with Nolan Leite 3 p.m., $15 cover
- Sunday, August 29: Hill’s Tavern Jam with Tony Soul, 2 – 6 p.m.
417 Putnam Pike, Chepachet, (401) 349-5512
Johnny’s Victory Diner
Fridays, 6-9 p.m.
- July 2: Nate Cozzolino
- July 16: Brian & Kevin Acoustic
- July 23: Paul Juneau Music
- July 30: Tim Hart & the Illusions
- August 6: Tim Hart and the Illusions
- August 13: Grand Evolution
- August 20: Paul Juneau Music
- August 27: Tim Hart and the Illusions
2731 Victory Highway, Nasonville, (401) 765-2661
Fridays, Music Bingo, 7-9 p.m.; Saturdays, live music/bands, starting at 2-3 p.m., TBA; Sundays, Open Mic, 1-5 p.m.
- Saturday, July 17: The Live Music Band
- Saturday, August 21: The Live Music Band
98 School St., North Smithfield, (401) 356-1966
Bring your own chair for the vineyard’s Summer Concert Series and enjoy great wine and music by Elise Testone & Mike Sullivan on select dates throughout the summer.
- Sunday, July 11, 1-4 p.m.
- Saturday, August 7, 1-4 p.m.
- Sunday, August 22, 1-4 p.m.
95 Pound Road, Chepachet, (401) 217-9288
The Assembly Theatre
- Friday, August 6 & Saturday, August 7: Into the Woods Jr. 7:30 p.m., $20
- Sunday, August 8: Into the Woods Jr. 2 p.m., $20
- Sunday, August 15, Musical Theatre Workshop, ages 4-7, 9:30-11:30 a.m. $35/child, register by July 15
- Friday, August 27, 6:30 p.m.: Junie B. Jones The Musical Jr., $20
- Saturday, August 28, 1 p.m. & 6 p.m.: Junie B. Jones The Musical Jr., $20
Tickets for shows available on Eventbrite.com.
26 East Ave. Harrisville, (401) 474-2368
- Friday, July 2: Edge of Dreams, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, July 10: Street Survivors RI, Skynyrd Tribute Band & Night of Zeppelin, Zeppelin Tribute Band, 6 – 10 p.m., Cover charge
- Friday, July 16: Dirty Old Men with Dinolicious Food Truck, 7 p.m
- Friday, July 23: So Many Rhodes with Supa Dupa Food Truck, 7 p.m.
- Friday, July 30: Live Music Band with Dinolicious Food Truck, 7 p.m.
- Friday, August 20: Voodoo Vixen, 7 p.m.
- Friday, August 27: Bad Dog Band, 7 p.m.
1600 Victory Highway, North Smithfield, (401) 762-0965
Uncle Ronnie’s Red Tavern
Fridays, Easy listening live music, 7:30-11 p.m.; Saturdays, Music Bingo, 8 p.m.; Sundays, Trivia Night, 7 p.m.
2692 Victory Highway, Harrisville, (401) 568-6243