BURRILLVILLE ā€“ An emergency response in Harrisville on Saturday, Jan. 9 was due to a boiler malfunction in the Town Hall building, according to Chief Michael Gingell.

Gingell said that a passerby noticed dark smoke coming from the chimney of the structure, and made a call around 5 p.m.

“The boiler malfunctioned,” Gingell said. “The dark smoke in the chimney led to a light haze in the building.”

Firefighters responded and cleared the building of smoke. Offices were vacant at the time, and there were no reported injuries.

Gingell said a boiler company was scheduled to come out for repairs.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email