BURRILLVILLE – A former fire station that has served as a post office for the past 20 years has been sold to a Massachusetts company for $530,000.
The property was just one of several business spaces in Burrillville on the market in recent months.
A company registered as 963 Victory, LLC bought the post office from Warwick-based VH Partners, LLC., which has owned the property since 2009.
The 5,660-square-foot structure was built in 1934, and was originally home to the Oakland Mapleville Fire Department. The department sold the single story brick structure, which is now home to USPS plus four additional tenants, in 2002 and moved to its current location on Oakland School Street.
A sale is pending, meanwhile, at 98 Roosevelt Ave., a building long owned by the Burrillville Columbus Club. The building sits on 17.6 acres and has a 8,000 square foot kitchen and bar. It was listed for $200,000.
And several additional commercial spaces in town remain on the market.
On Chapel Street, a vacant mixed use commercial building on a half acre of land is listed for $299,900. According to town property records, that structure was built in 1935 has 6,900-square-feet of space. It was last sold in 2004, to Lori and Richard Caya for $213,000.
At 1180 South Main St. in Pascoag, the former Abby’s Country Kitchen is on the market for $299,000. The restaurant, part of a national chain, was known for its homestyle cooking and ice cream before it closed in 2016. Town property records note it was purchased in 2016 by Sharon Cardin-Prochniak for $250,000.
At 88-92 Pascoag Main St., a fully rented four-unit building is on the market for $275,000. The building holds the recently opened Pamfilio’s catering, and Providence resident Jennifer Powers has plans to open a new bar in the building soon. Current owner Bonnie Carter bought the property from Alan Porporino for $127,000 in 2019, and according to a listing for the lot, Powers has planned her opening for February 2021.
Also in Pascoag, a former stand-alone convenience store seated on a .2 acre lot is being sold for $90,000. The now vacant building at 390 Church St. held K & K’s Country Store before Warwick-based Bottom-Line Brother turned it into Cool Brewin’ Convenience, which operated there for several years.