Alleged Peeping Tom arrested twice in one week


BURRILLVILLE – A 39-year-old man who was arrested in November for allegedly trying to break into his neighbors’ home naked was arrested twice more last week following reports from the same neighbors that he was again on their property.

Timothy Chase of Mount Pleasant Road was arrested on Monday, March 18 and charged with willful trespass; and arrested again on Sunday, March 24 and charged with willful trespass and resisting arrest.

Both incidents followed calls from the same neighbors who accused Chase trying to break into their home naked last year.

The victims, a 29-year-old female and 26-year-old male, reside on the other side of a wooded area from a house where Chase lives with his mother.

In the first incident on March 18, police were dispatched to the neighborhood around 9:30 p.m. for reports of a male dressed in all black looking into the window of the couple’s home. The neighbor told police that when he let his dogs out, they ran to the front yard barking, and he saw Chase retreat down the driveway into the woods between the two homes. Footprints led to a window, and the man said Chase began yelling at him from the woods.

The couple already had an active no trespass order against the suspect from the previous incident.

Chase, who police say was dressed in black, reportedly told officers he was in his neighbors’ yard looking for his mother’s cat. He was held overnight and was later transported to 6th District Court the following morning for his arraignment.

A week later, around 1 a.m., police were dispatched to the same home and the man told officers he noticed the motion lights on in his backyard. The victim said he saw Chase near his bedroom window, and that he again ran away carrying something he believed was a milk crate, used to give Chase better leverage to look inside.

Chase’s mother reportedly answered the door for police, but he refused to exit the home. According to police, Chase finally came outside after he was told three times, but returned inside after he was told he was under arrest. Chase reportedly continued to resist as police pulled him out of the house.

He was brought before a bail commissioner and later remanded to the Adult Correctional Institute.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Oh hi there 👋
It’s nice to meet you.

Sign up to receive awesome content in your inbox, every week.

We don’t spam!


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here