Lightning strikes chimney of Pascoag home

0
968

BURRILLVILLE – A thunderstorm Tuesday night that led to power outages throughout the region also left a hole in the roof of a home on the corner of Church and Pine Streets.

The house was struck by a bolt of lightening, hitting the chimney before striking an electrical panel and a water meter inside, according to reports.

The hit caused pipes in the home to burst. The owners of the home were inside at the time, but were safely evacuated.

According to the town’s property database, the 2.5 story house at 240 Church St. is owned by Roy and Jennifer Carlson.

Crews from the Pascoag Fire District secured fuses and electrical panels, and helped to mitigate flood damage before the residents were allowed to return.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
close

Oh hi there 👋
It’s nice to meet you.

Sign up to receive awesome content in your inbox, every week.

We don’t spam!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here