No. Smithfield man injured in one of two house fires on Sunday


NORTH SMITHFIELD – North Smithfield Fire & Rescue had to call for mutual aid when two house fires were called in around roughly the same time Sunday afternoon.

A house at 6 Bearskin Farm Road was “significantly damaged” in one of the blazes, called in around 1 p.m., which displaced three residents.

One male occupant was hospitalized with a burn to his right arm and smoke inhalation, and transported to Rhode Island Hospital, according to Chief David Chartier.

The two alarm fire began in the kitchen of the home in a cooking mishap.

“They’re not able to stay there,” said Chartier. “The Red Cross is helping out.”

The chief said the blaze was extinguished in around 20 minutes.

“The crews had it knocked down pretty quickly,” he said.

The single story home belongs to Robert McDonald and David Sematis, according to town property records.

The second fire, at 225 Mattity Road, was caused electrical outlet outside the house and was extinguished quickly by fire crews from neighboring towns, causing only minor damage.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Oh hi there 👋
It’s nice to meet you.

Sign up to receive awesome content in your inbox, every week.

We don’t spam!


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here