Today is Friday, March 22. Here are five things you need to know in Burrillville this weekend.
- The Burrillville High School School Improvement Team is hosting a comedy night tonight, Friday, March 22 at Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club to raise money to cover the expenses of renovating the high school media center. Money will go toward improved flooring, seating, window treatments, and shelving. The event begins at 6:30 p.m., and tickets cost $25 and can be purchased online at https://www.funny4funds.com/events/burrillville-high-school-comedy-night/330..
- Get your tickets now for Monday night’s fundraiser at Serio’s to benefit For Pete’s Sake and Rosies Two, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing recreational opportunities for children and adults with a variety of disabling conditions and illness in memory of Pete, Rose and Rosie Carter. Tickets cost $10, or $5 for children under 6, and include a meal of pasta, meatballs, bread, beverage and dessert. The event will also have raffles, and take out is available. Tickets are available at Serio’s and East Coast Artisians, or by calling Sandi Carter-Lafortune at (401) 568-2179. Tickets can also be purchased at the event on Monday, March 25 from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., at the door.
At the libraries
- Make a bohemian dreamcatcher at Jesse Smith Memorial Library on Saturday, March 24 from 11 a.m. to noon. The library will supply materials, and guests are welcome to bring items to incorporate to add a personal touch. The crafting activity is for ages 17 plus and registration is required at the reference desk or by calling 710-7800.
- At 2 p.m. at Jesse Smith, stop in for Bingo & Donuts at an event for all ages. No registration is required.
- Register now for Monday night’s genealogy session at Pascoag Public Library, where they will discuss cemeteries, and teach guests how to discover where their ancestors are buried, and why it matters. The event is free, refreshments are included, and all levels of expertise are welcome. Registration is requested, but not required by calling (401) 568-6226. The meeting will be held on Monday, March 25 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Tonight, Friday, March 22, catch rock and roll, r & b and oldies band Morse Code starting at 9 p.m.
- Acoustic classic rock band TransMission will play at Oakley’s on Saturday, March 23 with a set starting at 8:30 p.m.
- Also on Saturday, rock and clues band Cool Beans will play at Uncle Ronnies starting at 9 p.m.
- On Sunday, March 24, Katie Kleya and The New Providence Big Band, an 18 piece band, will perform with guests Emerson Torrey, Miriam Schaffer and Steven DeCurtis at the Assembly Theatre from 3 to 5 p.m.. Tickets cost $15 at the door.
- The Parks & Recreation Department is still seeking volunteers and raffle baskets to benefit the Weekend Snack Pack program, for their upcoming Easter event scheduled for Saturday, April 6. For more information, or to volunteer, call Carol Conway at (401) 568-9470
- The Patrons of the Assembly Theatre have announced an informational meeting next week where guests will learn what you can do to help the community venue, now on the path to revitalization. The Patrons are looking are looking for volunteers to assist with operations, and any spare time you can assist is welcome. Get a tour of the venue at the informational gathering, and check out the new surround system and a film. Refreshments will be served at the event on Thursday, March 28 from 7 to 9 p.m..
For more information call (401) 710-9015
The Burrillville Park and Recreation Department has announced their lineup of Spring Programs, attached below.