BURRILLVILLE – Firefighters called to a bar on Callahan School Street Tuesday morning had to ventilate the structure following a furnace malfunction.

Toti’s Tavern was not damaged in the incident, according to Harrisville Chief Michael Gingell.

Gingell said they were called to the bar around 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 13.

“We received a call for smoke in the building,” Gingell said.

Firefighters from Harrisville, Pascoag and Oakland/Mapleville reported to the property at 8 Callahan School Street under the town’s automatic mutual aid system. They shut off the furnace, and ventilated smoke from the basement area of the building.

The situation was remedied in about a half hour, according to Gingell, and there were no reported injuries to civilians or firefighters.

The structure was built in 1900 according to town tax records, and is owned by Dora Waterman.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Sandy Seoane is the founder, publisher, and editor of Northern Rhode Island News On the Web.
A reporter for nearly a decade with experience in both print and online news, Seoane aims to bring a new source of information to the region. She began with the town of Burrillville and has since added coverage in North Smithfield, using her experience in conventional media to bring light to local issues.
A SUNY Albany graduate with much experience covering news in the Blackstone Valley, Seoane previously worked for The Valley Breeze and Woonsocket Patch.